Sunday 13 April 2008

Somewhere to begin...

Welcome to my brand new blog site, added as an essential accessories to my main photography site, www.jasonswales.com.
This site has been put together to put all those bits of information on that make photography the fascinating subject it is. This is my little bit to help those out there who like me, have started in this business later in life. My main site concentrates mainly on the galleries and is a show piece for some of the work and submissions I am currently doing.
The blog site is designed to put all those other essential bits of information on, without over running the main site. Items such as the equipment guide, something that always interests other photographers and users who want to know more about some good kit. I will submit my own reveiws here of the kit I use, the pros and cons, the good bits and the learning points, that may help you in you are staring off in this type of work or hobby.

I will include all the reference material that I am using, for either research or to further my knowledge in a certain subject, the essential blogs of photographers or web sites offering excellent information on this subject and have certainly helped me in the learning process.

Whilst a large proportion of the site is focused on photography and my interest in the subject, there will also the opportunity to put other articles that may be of interest, especially family items and photographs to support these entries. I, like others, think of it as a journal, a diary of events, somewhere, where I can post items of interest and as the site builds, sure, that others may benefit from the entries.
I am not a professsional photographer, although I am studying at the moment for amateur qualifications. It is my intention to become professional, so by using this site you will be able to follow my story, my highs and lows, the subjects I am covering and how I conduct my workflow.

Essentially, all of my work is self taught, from the web site design, to the presentation. The post capture process that I use, helped tremendously by certain NAPP members, who I will post in detail about later. I have used the knowledge and experience from others to gain my own knowledge on this subject and found that to be able to complete the process of capture, to editing, to presentation, in both print and web, is extremely challenging.
Anyhow, that concludes the essential introduction part of the site, so now on with the content and material, that I hope you will not only enjoy, but if you feel urged, make a comment.

No comments: